Our Consultants in California have provided the following information regarding recent facility surveys
- 6 surveyors, including one trainee and one Pharmacist, x4 days.
- Surveyors tended to be younger and more skilled at accessing PCC information.
Here are the highlights:
ADVANCE CARE PLANNING
- Did you educate resident/resident representative re: formulating an advanced directive?
- Where did you document this?
- Was follow-up visit done to check on
- Where is this documented?
SURVEY RESULTS & OMBUDSMAN INFORMATION
- Where is info posted?
- Are residents aware of where it is
ALL RESIDENTS WERE INTERVIEWED AND WERE ASKED
- How are they treating you?
- Do they follow-up on your
- How is the food? etc.
- Discharge documentation was
- Where is your D/C documentation
- Do you have a Social Work Consultant?
- How often does she/he come?
- How many hours does Consultant
- Licenses were checked
- Reviewed medication pass, including psychiatric meds
- Behavior manifestations needed to be specific and observable. For example, resident on Ativan for anxiety m/b inability to relax VS. Rt on Ativan for anxiety m/b pacing hallways/picking at skin/verbalizing fear that he will not be able to return home.
- Care Plan needs a numerical goal eg., Resident will not cry more than
2 times a week in the next 90 days
- GDRs were also reviewed.
- Discontinuing psychiatric medications documentation was also reviewed
These issues were all addressed in one survey and reported by